"Better a fallen rocket than never a burst of light."
~ Tom Stoppard, The Invention of Love

Monday, November 15, 2010

Project Progress

I've been working on making a Wix site for my project, "Hong Kong Love Story", for a few weeks now. I've been gathering resources for each page film by film. I've rewatched five films so far, grabbing screen captures and writing down useful quotes as I go. I've just about finished the main pages for the films I've seen so far, and the minipages are works in progress.

Initially, I had a little trouble when I started on my minipages and then went back to revise my main pages. With the minipage frame occupying so much of the space, I had a hard time grabbing the pieces that I wanted, and I soon discovered that my revisions weren't showing up on every minipage. In fact, entire blocks of text would disappear as I clicked from minipage to minipage, and that wasn't exactly what I was going for. I admittedly wrestled with this for some time before I realized I should just reduce the size of my minipage frame and revise the main page to my satisfaction before resizing and getting to work on the minipages.

I've been working both on and offline. After I see a film and collect my images/quotes, I generally print my images and then cut them out. On the back of each image, I write the description or quote that will accompany it, and then I paper clip the pictures to another page with descriptions for each stanza on that particular section of the poem. This makes it a little easier to keep track of everything and visualize what I want to do when I get on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment